Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lexi's opportunity

Lexi was picked to be one of 6 students from her school to compete at a state-wide math competition for 5th graders. She will have to stay after school every Thursday, starting today, to practice and prepare for the competition. It is scheduled for March 11th. She's so excited.

I'm so cold lately. We've had some bitterly cold temperatures here and lots of snow. I feel like I'm cold all day until I get into bed at night. Then I actually warm up. It's not fun! The weather man reported lastnight that we've had 42.7 inches of snow already this winter. The average is 27.1 inches and last year they only had 19.7 inches total, the whole winter. I think it's bogus that we had to move here the winter they would get dumped on. We are supposed to have temps in the mid 40s on Monday with rainstorms, possibly thunderstorms. Just watch, we'll have another tornado!

5 comments:

kristi said...

How exciting for Alexis. I have always loved math and it was definitely my strong point.

Stinky about the cold and all the snow. Apparently some sort of winter mix is on its way here too. I will believe it when I see it. Of course, here if they get an inch of snow everything will probably close down :)

West Virginia Hicks said...

What an honor! We are so proud of you. Have fun, enjoy the event, and do the best you can. Love Gma

Hannah said...

Congrats to Lexi! I am personally not a big fan of math. Good luck staying warm. Love you all!

Hillary said...

Kristi, it will be funny to see if everything does shut down with only an inch or less even. My brother said that's how they were in North Carolina. He said they didn't care if a hurricane was coming, but if snowed dusted the ground, watch out!

kristi said...

No, snow here. The temperature didn't even feel cold enough when I left this morning for it to be icy.

Background