Monday, January 21, 2008

Insurance!!!!

Well, our prayers were answered about a week ago when my letter came in the mail telling me that I was approved for Medicaid. It is just a secondary insurance since we already have health coverage, but it will pick up what our insurance won't cover. This will really save us a lot of money and is a real blessing. Unfortunately I will have to switch doctors because my Dr. doesn't take that medicaid, but oh well, a couple thousand dollars is worth it. I have my first appointment with the new doc next week, hopefully I like him. Luckily I will still be able to deliver at the same hospital. Part of me wondered if it was wrong to apply for the medicaid since we do have health coverage already. But then I thought about it and decided, no I pay taxes and will for the rest of my life so, I don't feel so bad.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You weren't wrong. It will help you out so much to have all your medical covered. Besides you wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't qualify. Medicaid is to help people out when they are financially strapped. I'm sure you fall into that category, along with us. I tried to get us Medicaid even though Charlie has insurance. I thought only the kids would qualify. It turns out that only Chelsea and Jaxson qualified. But oh well, something is better than nothing. I'm happy for you that you won't have to pay anything out of pocket for your baby. They can be so expensive.

kristi said...

How funny that only Chelsea and Jaxson qualified, why is that? I know, it was going to be so expensive. And because I was approved, the baby is automatically approved for like the first year. Horray for no copays and complete immunization coverage for all those well baby visits.

Background