Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Day

Here is a couple of pictures to show you what I do through out the day to keep me busy. It's nice to be using up some of my scrap material.




There is six rows in the quilt and six blocks in each row. Each block has 8 peddles on the flower. I am quilting around each peddle, with the goal to do one row each week. First two weeks I have made my goal. It is so nice to have the room to set up a quilting frame and a wonderful friend who let me borrow hers. This way if I only want to a couple of stitches I can or I can set and do it for hours. We don't use our living room so it can set there and it is out of every ones way.
What has been an added blessing is that sometimes when I'm quilting the grandchildren join me. I have a tall stool that they set on and they talk to me, read to me or just set and play while I'm working. I enjoy those precious moments a lot. Wish that I could spend moments like that with more of my grandchildren.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm glad that you have something to do to keep you busy that you are able to enjoy.

Jean said...

Looks nice Fay!

Hillary said...

I like the pattern you chose. It looks pretty. I'm sure it would be nice to leave the quilt up and do some on it whenever you want. My mom likes to do the same thing. Someday I'll get to do that too. We wish you could spend more grandkid moments with more of your grandkids too.

Background