Friday, January 29, 2010

Parker's Birthday!!!!!!

Today was our Parker's 6th Birthday! I know I say this every time one of my kids has a birthday, but man I cannot believe that he is already 6 years old. The kids did not have school today so, it was kind of a long day that was filled with arguing and fighting. However, Parker was so excited that it was his Birthday. He kept saying, "I'm 6 now" it was so darn cute.

For his Birthday we decided that we were going to go to the movies. I knew it would be easier then a Party at home (not necessarily cheaper though). He has 2 little friends in his Kindergarten class that he just loves and he always talks about them so, I told him that he could invite them. Also, he has a friend Lucas that he loves playing with and Lucas has a brother who is good friends with Bradyn so, he invited both of them too. It was my brother's weekend to have his boys Jackson and Wesley so, luckily they were able to come too. The boys have been so excited all week for this and I was too. I knew that we were going to have a ton of fun. We decided to make a goody bag for each child to have during the movie. We had paper lunch bags with some candy, each boy got their own pop and we also had lunch bags that we filled with popcorn. It was great!

The Birthday Boy with his Buddies
Bradyn with his Buds

Even Logan had a friend there (his cousin Wesley)

The Whole Crew After the Movie
After the movie we brought all the boys back to our house for cupcakes and presents. However, as we were getting in the car to go home Parker had been complaining that he ate to much and that his stomach hurt. While I was loading my car (we took two cars since I can't fit 9 boys in my van), I could tell in Parker's face that he wasn't doing well. I asked him if he was going to throw up and he nodded yes. I hurried him out of the car as quickly as possible and just barely got him out before he totally threw up. I felt so bad that this happened to him on his Birthday, but I was just so thankful that we weren't still in the Theater and that we hadn't started driving yet. After he threw up he felt much better and said that his stomach didn't hurt anymore (well of course not, since the contents of it was now on the ground in the parking lot).
When we got back home he perked up for presents. Grandma was there because she was watching Audrey (Thank You Grandma) and Grandpa was there because we had him come with us to the Movies (this way there was one more adult amongst the sea of boys). Uncle Jason and Aunt Crystal came to pick up Jackson and Wesley and Melissa and Jim came too because they just plain love Parker. We had a great group there to sing Parker Happy Birthday and I think he loved it. I am so happy that his friends, brothers and a couple of his cousins were able to come with us tonight and help Parker have a very fun Birthday (except for the whole throwing up thing).
For anyone that may be wondering, the boys were awesome during the movie. So well behaved!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE PART OF OUR FAMILY!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

You are a brave soul. I haven't ever attempted such a feat. Sounds like you had fun though and that's all that matters. What movie did you see and did the boys like the movie?

kristi said...

We saw The Tooth Fairy and they really enjoyed it. I liked it too!!!!

West Virginia Hicks said...

Wish we could have been there. I can tell when I talked to Parker that he really enjoyed the movie. In fact he told me that I needed to see it.

Hannah said...

Glad the boys were able to have a good time.

Background