Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Trip East

So, it is time to catch you all up on what has been happening. In December I graduated with my Bachelors degree in Elementary Education from BYU and I actually received my degree in the mail earlier this week, so it is official. On my last day of class Mom flew out so that she could drive back east with me. Before we left Utah Mom and I made a trip to Temple Square with Grace and Rick to see the lights.


It was quite the challenge to get everything in the car. Actually everything did not get in the car and it was still a very tight squeeze. What I couldn't fit in the car went to Jen, so it was like an early Christmas for her. The trip was eventful. Traveling cross country in the winter time isn't the best idea, but it was necessary. Mom and I headed out on Sunday and it took us 2 miserable hours to drive through the canyon. The roads were horrible and so snowy and an accident happened right in front of us. Later that day we stopped for gas and to use the restroom. We stepped out of the car and antifreeze was pouring out of the car. So we made our first call to a towing company. Luckily there was one shop opened on Sunday and we were able to take the car in. The Lord definitely blessed us because all that needed replacing on the car was a new cap, the other cap wouldn't stay sealed and that is why we had a problem in the first place. The car was able to get fixed fairly quickly and then we were off on our journey once again. On Monday Mom and I once again had to call a towing company. We had just been driving for hours on slick highways and we pulled off to get gas. As we were turning to go into the gas station we hit a patch of ice and went off the shoulder. There was just enough of ledge that we couldn't get the car out on our own. Tuesday was a great day because we didn't have to call for a tow truck and we finally made it to West Virginia.




For a little bit more check out my blog.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

We're glad you're here!

West Virginia Hicks said...

It was an interesting trip. One I am glad that I will not have to take again.

Background