Friday, December 7, 2007

Even more snow!

Well we got about 3 more inches last night. I swear I have never lived in this much snow before. I asked a guy from our ward lastnight if this is typical for this area. He said no, not really. I was so relieved because I'm not sure I could survive several years of living through winters like this one. I only hope that the whole winter isn't like this past week has been.

I dumped our realtor a couple days ago. A lady from church hooked us up with an old family friend who is a realtor. He is showing us a house tomorrow. I'm not overly impressed with his service yet, so we'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm kind of excited to see this house. It is literally just up the road from Charlie's school. You can see it from the front porch and it has a quarter of an ache of land with 3, potentially 4, bedrooms. I just hope it's in good condition.

I also sent a letter to the realty agency who I am fighting with to get that money back from. In the letter, I informed them that I have three other witnesses besides myself who saw that the water had not been turned on by the plumber. I told them if they didn't refund my money that I would go to the Better Business Bureau, file a formal complaint with the realtor's association they belong to and take legal action. I gave them until Tuesday next week to respond. I hope they just refund the money without my having to do anything else. This is really just annoying to me. I can't believe that $175 is such a big deal to them, it is to me, but why would it be for a business who deals with thousands of dollars a day?

Lexi has been facing some bullying issues at school. It's been going on for about a month now. She's trying to be a real trooper about it, but I can tell it's starting to wear on her. I'm going to have Charlie give her a father's blessing, but if you guys could send some prayers her way I think it would help. At first there were only a couple kids making fun of her having a big foreheard. However, this week, someone wrote some bad things about her on the stalls in a bathroom. They called her a B.... and a Mother F..... She doesn't understand why and feels bad. The principal is involved, but they don't know who did it so really don't have anyone they can punish. They spoke with Lexi's class as a whole, hoping that whoever it is is in the class, and told them how inappropriate it was. But that's about all they can do. I will probably try to meet with the principal if any more happens. I don't want Lexi to start dreading going to school, and I don't want her to start to withdraw into herself. I'm going to try to get her, and all the kids, in a different, better school district next year. They are a neighboring district and have open enrollment. I'd have to transport the kids there, but that's not new to me. They only have limited space though so I'm hoping they have room for my kids, at least Lexi at the very least.

3 comments:

kristi said...

I just HATE bullying!!!! That is something that I have always worried about. That just makes me so mad that these kids are treating her this way. It just makes you think, Why??? Why choose her? As a mother I can only imagine how hard it is for you too. I know that I would want to just yell at those little buggers, but of course that wouldn't help. But I would still want to tell them off. Ok, I am done with my rant. We will certainly pray for her. I hope that the house looks good. Sucks about the snow. It was like 80 degrees here today. But, they say that it is going to cool down again.

Hannah said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lexi being bullied. I don't like bullying and I'm not sure how I am going to handle it when I get my own classroom. It is snowing here and I think that it is supposed to snow for the next couple of days. Most people are really excited about the snow so that they can go skiing, I think I am going to have to give skiing a try.

Hillary said...

Yeah, Kristi, rub it in that you have beautiful warm weather!:)

Hannah, you are very brave to try skiing. I've never been and to be honest it's because I'm scared I'd get really hurt.

Thanks for the prayers for Lexi. I am pretty mad and frustrated about my little girl having to go through all this. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Background