Sunday, September 30, 2007

The saga continues....

We had the inspection on the house on Friday. The inspector didn't really tell us much that we didn't already know. The house does need lots of work, but most of it is stuff we can do ourselves. The thing that makes me mad is that we couldn't test the plumbing because it wasn't hooked up. The house is winterized. I paid the listing agency to get a plumber in to de-winterize it. But it wasn't done. I am so mad. I called my realtor yesterday and told him to tell the lising agency that the water needs to be on by Tuesday. Lucky for us, the inspector said he would come back and test the plumbing without charging us more. Our realtor is not happy about this and I'm sure he won't be very nice when he calls tomorrow. I hope he isn't. I'm so frustrated with this listing agency. They are not very professional. If the water isn't tested by Wednesday, we will back out of the offer and look elsewhere. I have mixed emotions about it. I can see the potential this house has and see how fun it would be to remodel, but I'm so frustrated and tired of the headaches we keep running into to try to get this deal to go through. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I'll keep you posted on how this saga plays out. I did take pictures of the inside and as soon as I buy another memory disc adapter I'll post them so you all can see just how ugly this house is. It's actually funny just how ugly it is. To think someone thought that they were decorating nicely is so funny!

4 comments:

kristi said...

Sorry to hear about all the drama. I hope that everything works out for the best, even if that means you have to look else where. We miss you guys!

Hillary said...

We miss you guys too! So I heard through the grape vine that you are expecting an addition. Is it true?

kristi said...

Yup, it is true. I just haven't blogged about it yet. For seem reason I am really paranoid right now that something is going to go wrong. Hopefully it doesn't!!!!!

Hillary said...

I hope so too. That would be awful. Keep us posted and take care of yourself.

Background