Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Update time

Just thought I'd let you know that we haven't heard anything about the house yet. We talked to our realtor today and he told us that he spoke with the listing agent who said that he hasn't heard back from the bank yet. We have been told that it is normal for banks to take their time getting back to people about offers, but I don't understand why. I would think they would want to sell it.

I have a new calling. The 1st counselor in the bishopbric cornered me after church on Sunday and asked me to be the den leader over the 8 and 9 year olds. I find it very interesting because one of the things I was most concerned about in moving was whether or not the new ward would have a good scouting program. Merrit really loves scouts and I didn't want him to go from a good program in Flint to a bad one here. I think it's interesting that Heavenly Father would put me in a position that would allow me to make sure Merrit has a good program (since I'm in charge of his age group). I'm a little frazzled though because I don't know very much about scouts. I'm ready and eager to learn though. No calling for Charlie yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. Especially since the 1 st counselor in the bishopbric told me that they have many people in the ward with 2, 3, and even 4 callings and they would love to spread the work load around.

I went to my new Curves today. It was nice, but I miss my old one. I was a lot more comfortable there. I'm just going to have to get used to this new one though. I do like that it has all the machines for the circuit. The one I went to in Flint didn't have them all yet. When you have them all you only have to go around the circuit twice. Time seems to go by faster that way, even though it really isn't any faster because you are working out on more machines.

The kids are still excited about school. There is an open house on the 25th. I think it will be good for the kids to show us their classrooms, their desks and be able to introduce Charlie to their teachers. I was looking at the kids vacation days and realized that they have the whole week of Thanksgiving off. The school scheduled parent/teacher conference to be held the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before Thanksgiving and they gave the elementary school kids those days off because of it. Charlie doesn't have that many days off though. I was bummed about that. It would have been nice to go back to visit a day or two earlier.

3 comments:

kristi said...

That is exciting about your calling. We still don't have any yet. To bad Charlie doesn't have the same days off, that is a bummer.

Hannah said...

I wish I could go back to Michigan for Thanksgiving. But don't you worry, I will be there at Christmas and you will love seeing me.

Hillary said...

You're right Hannah, we sure will LOVE seeing you!

Background