Friday, September 14, 2007

We are on the internet again!

Well I can finally get on and check the blog. Believe it or not, I'm slightly addicted to the blog. I like reading what others have posted. I hope to get Sabrina and Kim on it soon too.

We have the kids in school finally. Today was their first day. They all said they had a good time and that they like their teachers. I hope that's their opinion in a few weeks too. Chelsea starts school on Monday. She is in a preschool class that will go Monday through Thursday from 12:15 pm to 3:14 pm. They call preschool 4 yr. old kindergarten here. I'm excited for her to go and she is excited to go. That is the time of day that Jaxson takes his nap, so I could have a couple of quiet hours every once in a while. That will be so nice. I'll probably be taking Chelsea to school. I'm not very comfortable with her riding the bus yet. We are too close to the elementary for the others to ride the bus. They have to walk. They are excited about that. It's a good excuse for me to get out and do a little exercising myself (I definately will not let them walk on their own).

Charlie is doing well in his job. He says his students are better behaved, overall, than the ones he had last year. He is enjoying that. He doesn't have his own classroom. He has to cart his stuff around on a cart. He actually uses three different classrooms. He says it's not as bad as he thought it would be. He has his own desk in the math department office. That's his home base. It's definately been nice to have him come home after work every day. That's something new for us.

I've already been visited by three women from the ward. They were all really nice and one of them invited me and the kids to her home this afternoon. She invited two other families too so we could get to know them. It was fun, cold, but fun. I feel very welcome here and look forward to getting to know more people. It's been interested to fill out emergency cards for the kids this year. I don't really have anyone I can put as an emergency contact person yet. I've never experienced that. I miss being by family and my friends in Michigan. They were a nice safety net. Now we have to learn to function apart from that. It will probably be good for us in the long run.

The house we were trying to buy earlier was put back on the market earlier this week. We put an offer on it late Wednesday and still haven't heard from them yet. It was listed at the same price it went off the market at. We felt fortunate since we thought it would be re-listed for more. It would be nice to buy this house and be able to get out of the rental. Although it's not a bad place to live, it's nicer to have your own place.

I'm glad to see that Hannah posted. Now we're just waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to join in the posting. I'll try to post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

It is so good to hear that things are going well for you. I hope that everyone makes friends quickly because it is nice to have friends. Love you!!!!

kristi said...

I am with you about not letting them walk by themselves. Obviously Bradyn is younger than yours, but still too scary. I encountered the same as you when I filled out Bradyn's emergency card. It was weird, because in Michigan I ran out of room and here, not so much. Lucky for me I already had some friends here so I was able to put them down.

Hillary said...

The members in the ward are really nice. I'm sure all I will have to do is ask if I can add them to the emergency card and they would let me. I'd just like to have a little better feel for who I'd actually like to ask.

Background