Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wax musuem


Makayla had a school assignment to research about a famous historical person from Michigan. She was assigned to do Henrick G. Meier. After researching, she was to write a brief description of his accomplishments and other facts of his life and then memorize that part. Today her class performed those parts for their "Wax museum." Other classes from the school came to their room and went around the classroom and listened to Makayla and her classmates tell about who they were. They were suppose to dress up like the person they researched and pretend to be a wax representation of that person. I think she did really well.


I know it's kind of hard to her what she is saying, but I wanted you to get the jist of what she did. From what I remember, this is what she said," Hello, I am Henrick G. Meier. I was born in 1952. I am famous for starting up and owning Meier grocery stores. I am also a writer. I wrote a biography about Senator Arthur Van(something). My connection to Michigan is that I graduated from the University of Michigan in 1973 with a degree in English literature. Some other interesting facts about me are that I have two brothers and no sisters. I am the oldest kid in my family. I am still alive today. Thank you for listening." She worked hard to memorize all of that and I think she did great. Not everyone in her class was able to memorize their parts.

No comments:

Background