Sunday, June 13, 2010

My new calling

Well you all pretty much knew this was coming, but today it was made official. I am the new primary president in our ward. I am sad to leave the young women. I felt like I was just starting to build a good rapport with them and gain their trust and respect. I felt like I was making head-way with them. I'm going to miss them. I also am nervous and apprehensive about my new calling. I have a lot of work cut-out for me. There is not much parental support of the kids in our ward (I ran into that in young women too) which makes it so hard to have the kids there consistently. Without consistency, there is a lot of choas sometimes. I'm confident the Lord will help me, I'm thankful for the blessing I received when I was set apart and I know I can do this, it just might be one difficult task. If you could remember me in your prayers it would be great.

3 comments:

West Virginia Hicks said...

You will do fine because you know how to trust in the Lord. Just remember to listen to the Lord and choose the right teachers. If the teachers do not do their jobs right does not mean you chose the wrong ones. That's where I had a had time. I knew that they were to be there but it didn't work out. Do your very best and the Lord will be well pleased.

Hillary said...

Thanks, Mom.

Hannah said...

I will pray for you and I am excited for the children in the ward.

Background