Monday, January 12, 2009

So I'm sitting here watching Jaxson play with the vacuum. It was the only way I could get him to leave me alone long enough to check my email and go over some of my homework, and obviously, look at the blog. He's such a poor deprived kid during the day when he has no one else to play with. I try to spend time with him, but unfortunately I have other responsibilities I have too so I can play with him all the time (which is what he prefers). I even tried to build him a fort today, but he won't play in it because I won't. Maybe after I get some reading under my belt I'll be able to join him in the fort this afternoon.

Classes have started again. I have an intro to business class which is on campus and an ethnic literature class which is online. The campus class is on Tuesday nights from 7 to 9:45. The first class was last week. Our teacher let us out early. It would be nice if he did that all the time, but I'm not going to count on it. I have taken an intro to business class before, in fact I think I've taken it twice (maybe). It was really easy before and so I was hoping it would be this time too, but from the way the teacher was talking last week, it probably won't be as easy as I was hoping. I don't think it's going to be terrible, just not easy. It does seem like it will be interesting though. We are suppose to explore many different branches of the business world and different types of jobs available. I know that probably sounds boring to you, but it's interesting to me. I'm also excited about my literature class, although I don't like to read. We are suppose to cover some interesting pieces of ethnic literature and discuss them. I look forward to brightening my horizons.

Charlie and the kids are back to school. They were all sad to go back. They wanted vacation to last a little longer. The kids already have a four day weekend coming up this weekend though, so it's not like they've had to go through tons of school without a break again. Charlie only gets Monday off for Martin Luther King day. He needs it. Wrestling will be over in the beginning of February. I think I'm ready for it to be finished. It wasn't too bad for the first couple months, but having him gone so much is getting a bit old now. I'm glad he had that job though. It's been really good for him.

I was just called to be the first counselor in the relief society. I know it's such a different calling than before. We had a ton of changes in our ward yesterday. I hope it means good things to come.

On Thursday we got a call from our new contact person at the auction house we bought our house from. We are hoping this means that things will finally move forward with the house. We have a clear to close from our mortgage company. We finally got the title work from the seller's title company. So now all we are waiting for it the seller to sign an extension contract so we can get a new closing date. What a process this has been. I don't want to move again for a long time. Thank goodness we've had this house we are in now to stay in and haven't really had to worry about being out yet. The day is coming, but we hope things with our house will be settled before that.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Good luck with school and the house, I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

kristi said...

I hear ya, I am ready for wrestling season to be over too. Les doesn't get MLK day off. It is a teacher development day. I am mad about that. Good luck with your class, maybe it will be nice getting out once a week, even if it is for school.

Background