Thursday, April 24, 2008

The bullies are back

Lexi had another run in with a couple of the bullies who have bugged her in the past. She has been telling me that they have continued to bug her since that last big run in but not as bad. Yesterday, however, one of them asked her what she would do if she hit Lexi and then another one actually hit Lexi in the back of the head while Lexi was turned around. Now the girl claims it was an accident, but Lexi doesn't believe her. So I called the principal today and left a message with the one girl's mom. I don't have the other girl's phone number and the principal can't give it to me. I haven't heard back yet from the mom.

Lexi said she talked to the school social worker today and that the other two girls did too. The principal told me that if the girls touched Lexi again that she would suspend them. I might have to get the police involved, but the principal said they usually won't do anything unless things happen off school grounds. I'm pretty frustrated with the whole thing. I wish they would just leave her alone. They don't have to like her, but just ignore her. If they continue I might just pull her out of school and home school her for the rest of the year. Unfortunately they have escalated to threatening her personal safety and I won't keep her in a place where she can't be safe.

3 comments:

kristi said...

This is just ridiculous!!!!! What are these girls problems? Do you know what their absurd reasoning for targeting her is? Not that it really matters because there is NO good reason to bully someone. How does Lexi feel about the possibility of homeschooling? If she is for it, I would definitely consider it. Is all of this helping in your decision to possible move back to michigan? I am so so sorry that all of this is happening. It just makes me mad. I can only imagine how hard this is also on you. If someone was hurting my child I know I would be just as upset.

Hillary said...

I am upset, mostly because there really isn't anything I can do about it. I don't know why they target her. The principal thinks it's because Lexi has a good family and home life and the other girls don't and they are jealous of that. I think maybe along that same line, they see that she is happy and has a lot going for her and they want her to not be happy. Something like the "misery loves company" saying. But you're right, there really isn't any good reasons. Moving to Michigan would be better than this, but who's to say she wouldn't be bullied there either? If we stay here next year, Lexi will be in a middle school that doesn't tolerate bullying and will actually kick you out and send you back to your home school if you do bully. That gives me some comfort. I just have to help her get through the rest of this year.

Hannah said...

As you obviously know I don't have children, but I am so angry with what is happening to Lexi. I can't imagine how I would feel if I were you. I hope that things will get better for Lexi.

Background