Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This world is scary sometimes

I just read a story on Yahoo about a brain-eating ameoba that enters a person's body through their nose and eats their brain. It's called Naegleria fowleri. Obviously, since it eats the brain, it is deadly. It's extremely rare, but 6 people have died from it this year. The report said that that number is a spike from other years. They warn that it's more common in warm, southern states. The cases of deaths were in Florida, Texas, and Arizona. Sometimes I think it's really scary that there are so many kinds of things are out there that can affect you or someone you love without you being able to do anything about it.

Hope eveyone is having a nice day :)!

1 comment:

kristi said...

I know, I read about that too. It is pretty scary. Good thing I don't have any plans to go into any lakes anytime soon :)

Background