Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Job

Sorry it has taken me so long to do this but I had to remember how to get on. Some of are just slow, no comments please.
Anyway on October 4th Grandpa (Chuck) had a face to face interview with a company name Borg Warner (I think that's how you spell it). On Friday, October 5th they called and offered him The Job!!!! Acourse he said yes. There is only one thing to this yes, it mean a move for us after 22 years in the same home. We get to move to Cadillac, MI three hours north of where we are now. We had the wonderful opportunity to visit Cadillac this past Sunday and Monday. It was beautiful because the trees were at their peek of color and the weather was just great. I wish that I would have had a camera to take some pictures. Cadillac has a branch of our church there with about 35 to 65 people attending sacrament meeting. We met a few of them when we attended general conference there on Sunday. We spent Monday morning driving around and getting phone number of places to rent. Grandpa will rent a place until a home can be located for the rest of us. Right now I and the grandchildren will be moving at the end of January of 1st of February.
I know it sound funny to some but I need to be here for the kidding season of my goats. Nobody takes care of them like I do and I do not want anything to happen to them. Will the goats be going with us? As of right now we do not know. A lot depends on the 4-H program there and what type of place we find to buy.
Grandpa will be going back up on Thursday for his physical. At that time we hope to find out his start date and about insurance. He will also be going to the MSU Extension office to find out about 4-H and looking around more for places to rent, I hope he will also talk to people and find out about different school district.
My sister and her family have a cabin about 37 miles away from his future work sight that he probably use at first but when the snow falls he does not have any snowshoes to track back to the cabin with, so we are sure he will need to find something closer. That's it for now.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot to take in all at once. We are so glad Dad has a new job though. I know it will be good for you guys to stay together so I'm glad you've decided to move up there with Dad. We'll keep you in our prayers that you will be able to find a place to rent quickly. I wish there was more we could do to help, but praying is about all I can offer right now.

By the way, thanks for writing. The blog is so much more fun when there is more people participating.

West Virginia Hicks said...

I will continue to dejuck the house but I don't think I will get to serious until after everyone has been home for Christmas. Let me rethink that, I think I will start on the basement now, it's the pits.

kristi said...

Wow, I am so happy for you guys. Like Hillary, I am glad that you guys will be moving together as soon as possible. What are you guys going to do with the house? When we come at Christmas, we will help as much as we can!!!!

Hillary said...

Yep, I will volunteer with Kristi. We will try to help as much as we can at Christmas, and Thanksgiving too.

Background