Monday, September 12, 2011

Steer go bye-bye

Picked up the steer tonight. Now with any luck there won't be too much of a problem getting him to the butcher tomorrow. Unfortunately, we are sharing the same horse trailer with someone else tomorrow and they have to pick up horses at 9:30 a.m. I have no time to get the steer to the butcher and back in time before that so he's going to have to go back off the trailer and sit at the horse person's house until they get back with the horses. Then we'll have to get him back on the trailer so I can take him to the butcher. Getting him of won't be the problem, it's getting him back on that I think might be. I hope this isn't as much of an adventure as I'm scared it will be. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hopefully you don't have too much problems getting the bull, not steer, back on the trailer so that you can have many wonderful hamburger meals.

West Virginia Hicks said...

I'm so glad there was no problem getting him back into the trailer. I know he will taste well. Enjoy!

Background