Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drama for Logan

We have had quite the start of the school year for Logan this year.  First it started by Logan not receiving his classroom placement letter.  Which made him very sad because both his brothers got theirs.  So, we didn't find out until we walked into school on the first day who his teacher was.  Then I wasn't very happy with who he was placed with because I really wanted him to have the teacher that Parker had last year.  Its not like I had a problem with the teacher they gave him, I had nothing against her, I just wanted him to have the other one.  I liked the idea of already having a relationship with the teacher and feeling comfortable with her.  We have never had any repeat teachers in our family because the teachers Bradyn has had always get reassigned to another school and so his younger brothers can never have them.  This was going to be our first opportunity to finally have a repeat teacher and one that I really liked.  So, I talked to the principal and he was pretty whatever about it, but I wasn't about to give up just yet.  That night after the 1st day I sent him an email asking him if he was able to talk to the two teachers and then I had Les send an email asking if the switch could happen too.  Well, the next morning we got to school and the secretary informed me that the switch happened....HOORAY!!!!!!!  Logan is also pretty excited because he has friends from his Kindergarten class in his new class.

Another thing that has happened, I was talking to a department in the district asking why Logan didn't get a different letter that the other boys got and when they looked him up, they had his home address as a completely different address.  So weird!!!!!!  So, I called the school and sure enough his home address was wrong and they have some high school student named April Hicks as living in the same household as him.  I am assuming the wrong address they have for Logan is the right address for April.  Then, last night when I was looking over the Pink Emergency Card that Logan brought home they had listed that Kristi was his mother and that Leslie was his mother too (as a side note, Bradyn's card had him listed as the father so I don't know what is up with Logan's info).  Apparently they think that we are Lesbian Lovers...hahahaha.  I feel bad for Les because it always annoys him when places have him listed as a girl.

Now the final thing that has happened with Logan is that I got an automated phone call this morning informing me that my 1st grader (Logan) was absent.  So, yet again I call the school and talk to the secretary and she is like No, Logan is here I just saw him in the office helping a couple of kids with something.  Such drama and it is only the 3rd day!!!!!!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Man, I don't envy you. The absent phone call was probably because the automatic system hasn't been updated since they switched Logan to his new class. I'm glad you were able to get everything figured out. It is weird that all this stuff happened to just Logan's info. Funny.

Hannah said...

This is too funny. Lesbian lovers...hahahah! Well hopefully you can enjoy some drama free days and they get everything straightened out for Logan.

kristi said...

Poor Les....hahahahahaha

Background