Friday, January 14, 2011

My challenge

My sister asked me to run in a half marathon in the summer with her. I laughed at her at first, but have since decided that I will do it. I hate running, so this will be a challenge for me. I've been looking for the motivation to get back on the weight loss band wagon and I think this might be what I need. I've been training for 2 weeks now, but I don't know if you can count what I did in the first week. It wasn't much different than what I had been doing before. But this week, I've gotten more serious about things and have rode the exercise bike twice going about 14.5 miles/hour both days. I'm pretty proud of that. I hope to keep adding mileage at I go and hope to start running at some point. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Luck!

Hillary said...

Thanks, Sista. You still have time to join me. It would be fun to have you run with me too.

Hannah said...

When are you going to start running?

West Virginia Hicks said...

Better you than me. I have never liked to run. I can't say that I use to win races running backwards and liked that. But I know I couldn't do that now walking forward is enough.

Background