Monday, January 17, 2011

Ma and Pa Hicks

Charlie and I have been invited to be a Ma and Pa on the Grand Blanc stake youth conference pioneer trek in June. We went to our first information meeting for it on Saturday. It will be a three day, two night gig. Charlie isn't excited because when he went as a youth he had a horrible experience. But I keep telling him not to complain because he was to one that was asked and he accepted. I'm excited to go, even though I don't really like to camp. It will be Lexi's first youth conference and I'm glad that I'll get to be a part of it. We are going to some boy scout camp ground in Alger, Mi. We won't be using tents, just tarps and rope. The stake has asked us to start to prepare physically and spiritually for the trip now. There is going to be a kick-off fireside at the end of the month so the youth can be warned to start physically preparing as well. I know that many of our youth will have a hard time with the physical strain of this trip, so I pray they will take heed of the advice to start exercising. I can be this as being a real edifying experience for several of our youth. I only hope they will allow it to be. I'm glad that I'm already training for a half marathon. Thanks, again, Jana for asking me to do that. It will help me on the trek so much, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I hope that you are able to have a good experience. I don't how I would feel about being a Ma for a trek since I haven't done one before. Hmm

Background