Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School back on for me

So, to answer Mom's question, I have started classes again too. I have a class (BUS 211 Statistics) on Tues. and Thur. mornings from 9:30 am to 10:45 am (which is partly why I had to have Hannah come watch Jaxson) and another class (ENG 338 Business Communication) on Mon. and Wed. from 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm. The last week of classes is the week of Dec. 13th. I'm glad to be back in classes and back to a routine again. I like having the summer off, but I prefer to have a routine to follow from day to day.

This morning I had to get up super early to take our whethers into the butcher (the other reason I needed Hannah this morning - thanks again, Hannah, you are such a trooper!). They only take animals on Tuesday mornings. They wanted me to bring them around 9 am, but I had a class I needed to get to, so I asked if I could bring them earlier. They thought it wouldn't be a problem. Usually they have so many big animals in their stock area that they want to wait to have smaller animals brought in later in the morning. They felt that there was enough room for our goats earlier today so agreed to allow me to bring them. Thank goodness, because I don't know of another time during the rest of this school semester that I would've been able to take them because of my class. Heavenly Father surely does bless us in little, but significant ways. We took them to a butcher in Caro. Also, when I called to set everything up, the woman I spoke to told me that she had had a man call asking for goat meat and that that hadn't had any. She gave me his number to see if he wanted to buy one of my goats to eat. I did call and he came to look at them yesterday. He agreed to buy one. So we were able to recoup some money. Again, another little but significant blessing. I know Heavenly Father loves me and watches over my family. So by Thursday we should have a lot more meat in our freezer.

3 comments:

West Virginia Hicks said...

Wonderful the whethers are gone! I like goats but there are times when they are a pain. Now your other goats will be having babies soon and that is a wonderful time. I just love to see babies born. Good luck durning that time. Good luck with school to, aren't you taking an on line class too?

Hannah said...

Goodbye escape artist and hello goat meat for dinner.

kristi said...

So, is Jaxson in the afternoon class then? Also, are you going to be the one delivering the goat babies....good luck :)

Background