Friday, October 16, 2009

Posting is so hard these days...

I look on the blog and see that only Hannah is posting. I'm so thankful for her updates. I have my own, but am too lazy to get them on the blog (well, that's not totally true, I am busy and lazy). Once Hannah moves back to Michigan though, this blog will probably never be posted on. Come on gang, we need to rally together and post more.

Now, on with the updates. The kids are doing well in school. We just went to their Fall Festivals celebration that the PTO sponsors. It was lots of fun and it was good to see the kids hanging out with friends. I'm glad that they've been able to pretty easily make new friends. Lexi and I volunteered our time face painting. She loves art and especially drawing so I was glad that she said she would help. She is the only one of my kids that doesn't really like her new school. She seems to be doing O.K., she would just really prefer to go back to the charter school. I can understand where she is coming from. The kids at the charter school were more like her than they are now. But in the long run, it will be better for her to stay in school in this area so she can make friends to go into high school with rather than having to make new ones while starting high school. We've started piano again too. Lexi is doing so well. Makayla and Chelsea are taking lessons too. It's Chelsea's first time and Makayla started in Wisconsin, but hasn't had lessons since. They are all happy to play. Merrit was going to have lessons but has since changed his mind. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm not going to make him play if he doesn't want to.

Charlie is doing well in his class. He is almost finished for this semester. He's going to take at least the next one off, maybe the next two so he can focus on wrestling. There really is no way that he'll be able to do both. I'm doing pretty well in my classes even though I'm feeling swamped. My computers class will be finished in a week. That makes me happy. Then I'll only have three classes to worry about. I'm already looking forward to the end of this semester. Too bad it's so far away.

Church is still church. We are going to be having some major changes soon with callings. The young women's leader is moving next weekend. With that move, that calling will need to be filled and in our ward when you fill a calling like that it means shuffling every other auxillary around, perhaps even some of the priesthood calling, to accomplish that calling-filling. So I'm waiting to see what the bishopbric decides, since Charlie isn't at liberty to tell me anything.

The house work is on hold for the time being. We probably won't do anything else, major, until next summer. I'm happy with how it is for now. I'm happy to be finished working on it for now too.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

It is nice to see someone else posting, thanks Hillary! I am glad that things are going well with the family and I hope that Lexi will better adjust to her new school. So, is there a future Young Womens President in the family? ;)

Background