Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Good Story

Today I had 2 girls eat lunch with me and this commercial jingle came to mind so I sang it: "Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Almond Joys got nuts. Mounds don't." The girls thought that this was absolutely hilarious and wanted me to sing it again for them and sing it to other members of the class when they got in from recess. One boy by the name of Nate asked me to sing the song for the class and I told him that I wasn't in the mood and I have to be in the mood to sing, and then he said the funniest things. "What do I have to do to get you in the mood? How do you get in the mood? Does chocolate get in the mood?" My mentor teacher turns around and looks at me and asks what type of mood we are talking about. I laughed sooooo hard!!!! It was so cute because Nate was so earnest in finding out what he had to do to get me "in the mood" so that I would sing for them. I haven't had such a good laugh in some time. I did end up singing the jingle for the class at the end of the day.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

What is it like to have a nine year old hit on you?

Hannah said...

It does make the day a little more exciting.

West Virginia Hicks said...

Watch out for those younger boys. I'm gland you sang them the jingle for the class. It must have made Nates day.

Background