Friday, June 26, 2009

More updates

We had some slightly bad news a couple days ago. We found out that not only does the work we recieved the loan money for have to be finished before Aug. 5th, but so does ALL the other work we started. So we have a lot to accomplish before then, while Charlie plugs away at his first masters program class. Needless to say, we won't be having any kind of vacations until the all the work we've started is finished. So we hope there will be some time left in August to do some vacationing. Charlie has been working very hard though, so we can make our deadline and has made some more progress towards the end results. I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Charlie has set the cupboards and they are screwed to the walls. They are ready for countertops now. We've decided to go with the full slab granite countertops because they will save us time. So the following pictures are of the kitchen as it is and the two examples of the types of countertops we like. I know the pictures are hard to see, but I was wondering if any of you had any opinion about which one to choose. But you better hurry because we are going to order tomorrow.


The next pictures are of the opening that was between the dining room and the family room. Charlie has put in french doors there and walled in the rest of the opening because it was too big for the doors. Only one side of the door is up right now because Charlie is finalizing the door sill for it. He had to custome build it because the opening was just so odd. I think he did a great job. I really like the touch the doors add. I will lighten up the stain on them though when I get the chance. Lucky for us, Bishop Pangerl gave these doors to us. He had them sitting around and wanted to get rid of them. He also gave us a door for our front door. We just have to take it some where to have them hang it on a frame. It's a really pretty door and I can't wait to have it up.


Finally, I don't know if you remember what the upstairs bathroom looked like from my previous post, but if not, here it is again. Charlie put the floor in over the last two days and it's all ready to grout now. We're pretty excited about that because when the floor is finished we'll be able to put the toilet and sink in and make sure the plumbing works. When it works we can put the ceiling in the kitchen back together and finish putting up the cabinets on the walls. It's kind of a chain-reaction job.

3 comments:

kristi said...

Everything looks very nice. Personally I like the lighter piece of granite that you have.

Where is Charlie doing his graduate work at? Les just got his acceptance letter for the fall so, we are excited for him to start.

West Virginia Hicks said...

I agree with Kristi I like the lighter one too. But go with what you like because it it hard to tell on the computer. Wish we could help but you are in our prayers.

Hannah said...

Well, I know my vote is too late, but I like the darker granite. Good luck in getting everything completed in time.

Background