Friday, February 20, 2009

Bro. Douglas from the Howell ward, the guy who fixed the electical stuff, came and fixed the furnace today and installed a new hot water heater. The furnace is working great. He couldn't try the heater though because there is a iron filter on the water pump that brings the water in from the well and it's missing a part. Without that part the water just flows all over the floor when you turn it on. So we have to find the missing part and replace it so we can turn the water on and try the water heater. I just hope that there are no other leaks in any other water pipes (I'm counting on leaks, but hoping I'm wrong!). I have become addicted to the DIY network, especially the program they have called Sweat Equity. It's hard to watch them do all these cool things with their spaces and not want to do the same for mine. I'm just trying to take their ideas and adapt them to our house. It's so fun adding sweat equity to our home. It's going to be so great when we're finished. I'm going to try to go to the house tomorrow to check on the furnace and I'll try to take some more updated pictures to post.

Jaxson was so excited for his birthday. He's been asking if it's his birthday everyday, several times a day, for a couple of weeks now. He wanted me to make him a red car cake. I tried my best, but the frosting didn't turn out as red as I had hoped. He was also anxious to get out of his "baby" car seat and into Makayla's booster seat. She has been using one with a back on it that we have given to Jaxson now (he's such a big boy) and we have a booster with out a back for her to use until she is 8 (that's the law now). To make matters worse, Charlie put Jaxson in the front seat, in his new booster, on his birthday. Now Jaxson thinks he gets to ride there all the time and continues to ask me to let him. I have to keep telling him it was just for his birthday and he isn't going to be able to sit in the front very much. He doesn't seem to hear me though because he keeps on asking :). It's so much nicer to get him in and out of the car now that he's in a booster. What freedom I have now.
P.S. Mom told me that Les's wrestling team won districts. Congrats to you guys! Charlie's team didn't win districts. They are up in Traverse City this weekend for Individual districts. They were only able to seat six of their team. I know this sounds bad, but I really hope none of them go on passed districts. I'm ready for Charlie to have more time to work on our house, and be at home.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Jaxson looks so excited for his cake! You did a good on it even though it is a little pink. :) I hope that things keep moving on fairly smoothly with the house.

kristi said...

Yes, they won districts :( Ha ha no, I am happy for him, but like you I am just ready for him to be done. However, yesterday at individuals 2 made it through. So, yet another saturday we go.

Hillary said...

Yeah, 5 from Charlie's team made it through individual districts. So he will be busy again this Saturday too. There is even the potential that one or two of the boys will go to states. I know it's exciting for them, not so much for me. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel this incredible push to get the house fixed so we can move in. If I could do all the work myself then I wouldn't worry about Charlie being available. As that isn't the case, I need wrestling to finish ASAP!

Background