Monday, October 13, 2008

What's new...

Charlie starts teaching this Thursday. He went today to shadow the teacher he is taking over for. She is going to be the math intervention person for K-6 in the district once Charlie takes over. He wants to see how she runs her classes and get the book(s) so he can start preparing. He is going to try to keep the classes structured as close to what she does as possible since the kids are already so far into the school year. He might be able to change to more of his own style after the semester changes, if he gets new classes then. We still aren't very sure how it will work out quite yet.

I will be sending the paper work to our realtor this morning so she can turn in our offer on the house I mentioned earlier. We want to get the ball rolling and see how willing the bank is to work with us. I'll keep you posted.

We had a surprise party for one of my good friends at our house on Friday night. She had no idea until she walked up to our house and saw the balloons we'd hung for decorations through the front window. Charlie had wanted to hang something over the window so she wouldn't see them, but we didn't. Now I wish we would've. It was a fun party. Not many people came, but it was probably better that way. I love planning things like parties. I haven't given a surprise party since my senior year in high school. It was fun planning it and trying to keep it a secret.

My friend Amy, from high school, I'm happy to report, got married on Saturday. She is that last of my friends from high school to tie the knot. I'm so happy she finally was able to. She's been with her, now, husband for about 8 years. It's about time they finally made it official. She was beautiful and the wedding was nice. Most of my friends made it to the reception. It was fun to catch up with them. My friend, Carolyn, is expecting her first baby on the 24th of this month. She's having a boy but won't tell anyone what the name they've picked out is yet. I'm happy for her. It's nice that my friends from high school are finally catching up to where Charlie and I are in life; being married with kids. But, we still really don't have that much in common and don't really hang out together all that much. I'm not really that sad about it though.

We had a full weekend, and it's not going to get any better for the rest of this month. We're holding on to the seat of our pants and hoping to make it

1 comment:

Hannah said...

It is always nice to see old friends. Good luck on getting the house you want. Love you!

Background