Sunday, October 5, 2008

Charlie has a job!

I just thought I'd post, for Hannah's sake, that Charlie finally has a job. He'll be working at Beecher High school. We aren't sure when he will acutally start because he has to be officially hired by the school board, but the school offered the job and he accepted. The school board is more of a formality, but until that is taken care of he can't actually start working. We are excited for him to have a job, but not very excited about the school that he'll be working for. It's a pretty rough, inner city school, with some rough students. It's also going to be for 7th and 8th grade math. Charlie doesn't really like middle school either, but he thinks he has a good chance of getting into the high school next year. They have a pretty high turn over rate for teachers because the school is so rough. I'm for sure going to be getting him pepper spray to carry and I joke that I might have to get him a tazer gun as well. I know the Lord will watch over him. Now we can move on to buying a house. We have one picked out. Now we just have to get a mortgage for it which might be trickier said than done.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for posting. I have been thinking that just because all of you are in Michigan doesn't mean you get to stop posting, because if you do I will have no idea to what is going on. Anyway, I am so happy that Charlie finally has a job! Congrats for Charlie!!!!!

Hillary said...

I don't have any thoughts of not posting on the blog anymore because we've moved back to Michigan. Besides, I'm sure Mom and Dad will actually use the blog more once they've moved out of state too. Then there might be more than just you and I making posts, Hannah.

kristi said...

Sorry if I dont' post that much. I think it is because I do most of my posting on my personal blog. So, people be sure to check it out periodically.

Background