Friday, October 31, 2008

JR Smith Elementary

I started my practicum on Wednesday and I am in a 2nd grade class at JR Smith Elementary in Heber. I car pool with 5 other girls who go to the same school. We take my car everyday because it has 6 seatbelts and everyone chips in for gas, this is cheaper than driving two cars up. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get to Heber by driving through the canyon, but it will be worse once it starts to snow here. I just love my students already, things have gone well the first three days but I know that things won't always be this good, I will have hard days. Starting on Monday I will be teaching guided reading everyday and I am excited for it. Some of the things the teacher had me do today was grade papers, give spelling tests, and teach the math lesson. I can't wait to see what the next three weeks have in store for me.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Yeah for you. That is so exciting. Did you do anything fun for Halloween?

Background