Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wish me Luck!

Well, today I'm attempting to collect a refund of money from the selling agents of the house we tried to buy. They had me pay them so they could hire a plumber to go into the house and de-winterize the plumbing so we could have it inspected. The job was not finished completely, in fact, the plumber only hooked up the water meter. The meter he hooked up was an old version and it was illegal for him to re-hook it up. But that really doesn't matter to me, it's not any of my business. However, I did pay for the house to be de-winterized so it could be inspected, and that did not happen. Therefore, I am requesting the selling agent refund my money. I've left a message this morning for the woman we dealt with to call me back. I'm expecting that she will refuse and that things will get ugly. I really don't want to fight about this, but I think I'm entitled to have that money back and it's not like it's a small amount. I paid $175 for that plumber. I can't just forget about that amount of money. I'm prepared to go to the realtor's association, the Better Business Bureau and even small claims court if I need to. I just hope it doesn't have to go that far. I'm not very good with confrontation. My stomach is just churning right now. AHHHHH!

2 comments:

kristi said...

How did it go?

Hillary said...

I had to leave a message and they haven't called back yet. I plan on trying again today. If I can't get ahold of them today, I'll probably have to drive to their office. The only problem with that is that it's an hour one way.

Background