Thursday, November 8, 2007

My first parking ticket!

Well, I got my first EVER parking ticket on Tuesday. The city public library has metered parking. It only costs 25 cents for 2 hours of parking, but it might as well be $100 when you don't have any change on you. I went on Tuesday morning to take Chelsea and Jaxson to the storytime they have. When I got there I realized that I didn't have any quarters. Storytime was going to start in 10 minutes and I wouldn't have time to go home and get a quarter and come back. Because I'd already told the kids we were going, I couldn't just go home (That is one tip for all you new parents, don't ever tell your kids what you are going to do until you are practically doing it. That way if some act of nature happen, or you just change your mind, you don't have to listen to them whine and complain and cry about you not keeping your word). So I parked, hoping that no one would be by to check for the hour I'd be in the library. Of course, I wasn't so lucky. Although, I did deserve the ticket, I did break the law. Unfortunately, the ticket was $11. So my parking fee actually was $11 that day, not the typical 25 cents! Life sucks sometimes.

3 comments:

kristi said...

At least it was only $11. I know that some tickets can be a lot more.

Hannah said...

I got my first ever parking ticket last month. I parked in the faculty parking lot for work because I don't like to walk far to my car when it is dark outside. So anyway, the ticket cost me $20.

Hillary said...

Yeah, I guess it could've been worse. I'm just glad it won't show up on my driving record.

Background