Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not much new to report here. We're back in the swing of things with the kids in school, Charlie teaching and me at home. We are already looking forward to the Thanksgiving break. I'm still pressing forward with Weight Watchers. I'm having a more difficult time right now with all the Halloween candy on sale. This and after Easter are the worst times for me indulging my candy cravings. I've found some sugar free fudgecicles that are 0 points and that has helped. My goal is to be 10 pounds lighter by Christmas. Then I would only have 20 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight. I'm losing about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds every week. If I keep that up I should reach my goal weight by March or April. That's pretty exciting to me.

Our house hunting is on hold right now. We've pretty much looked at all the houses in our price range that we'd even consider. We just feel like the right one hasn't come along yet. I'm leaving things up to the Lord and trying to have patience with His time table. It's not very easy for me, I've never really been a patient person, but I'm trying.

I'm interested to see how the fantasy basketball thing goes. I'm not planning on doing very well.

Oh, Charlie has finally received a calling. He's going to be the 1st councilor in the Elders Quorum presidency. We kind of had a feeling that he's be there because the new Elders Quorum president is one of the only friends we have in the ward yet (although he says he was inspired with Charlie's name :)). He'll be sustained this Sunday.

Anyway, sorry for babbling on so. I hope everyone else is doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.

3 comments:

kristi said...

WAY TO GO with the Weight watchers. One to one and half pounds a week is great. I hear you about the candy though. I have been surprised that I have actually gotten sick of eating candy. I didn't think that could ever happen :) It is hard to be patient, but you can do it. Les and I still have received callings yet. But I am ok with that. It will come eventually.

Hannah said...

Babble all you want, I love to hear what you have to say. I am so glad that you are loosing the weight that you want to. I received a new calling a couple of weeks ago that has been an answer to my prayers. I have been asking Heavenly Father to help me make more friends and I received the calling of being on the compassionate service committe. And lo and behold, I am making new friends and being more socialable. Tonight I even invited a non-member to our relief society activity on Saturday night. Well anyway, I really should be studying for my midterm right now. Gotta go!

Hillary said...

I'm so happy for you Hannah. That is definately a neat way to meet people and make friends. You go girl, about being a missionary with your non-member friend. Merrit is doing the same thing with a friend from school. He's invited him to come to scout with him. His friend's name is Tyler. He came to scouts once and wants to join our pack now. He and Merrit are becoming really good friends. I'm happy for them.

Background