Monday, February 28, 2011

Sad news

Yesterday morning, before church, we found that one of our rabbits, May, was injured, pretty badly. We brought her and her sister in the house and put them under the heat lamp, hoping that May would improve, but she died this morning, early. The kids are pretty sad, but are handling it much better than I thought they would. To be honest, I expected a total melt down like they did when Princess Fluffy's kittens were killed. They haven't acted that way at all though, which is a good thing for me. It breaks my heart to have my kids so sad. We've decided to keep her body and bury her when we can dig a hole. I know it sounds gross, but I think it will help the kids have better closure. I'll do anything to help them get through this better. This is the part I hate about having pets!

No comments:

Background