Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Happy 4th of July to everyone and a happy birthday to America! I am so thankful to be living in this land that has been blessed with many freedoms. Fireworks have been going off all day, it seems like everyone in Flint has fireworks. In fact it is actually July 5th now at 12:25 am and people are still setting off fireworks. Luckily for me I didn't have to go very far to catch the fireworks show. In fact all I had to do was step outside my front door. This short clip is just an example of what I saw from my front porch.

(You might notice the lack of video and think to yourself: "Hannah, you crazy, there is no video." I realize this. I recently got a new camera and I am having trouble uploading the video. In fact I have been trying to upload for almost the last hour...I QUIT!!!! So just imagine 22 seconds of seeing fireworks off your own front porch.)

Because of the prime spot in which my house is at there were people gathered on my lawn and the neighboring lawns to watch the show. This didn't bother me because it was only for a short period of time. There is an empty lot across from my house and there were a lot people who parked there to watch the fireworks and set off their own little fireworks. Luckily it was a clear night, but it was a hot and humid night.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I remember those prime seats. We loved it too. Except we didn't love those crazy people who would go to that empty lot and send off their own bottle rocket fireworks into the crowds of people walking by. That kind of made us mad. The bottle rockets would also shoot into people's houses and yards. Not cool. But it was nice to just watch from your house and not have to go anywhere.

Hannah said...

To my knowledge they didn't actually shoot the fireworks into any crowds this year, at least I didn't hear any complaints/fighting/arguing.

Background