Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We are still alive

I know I haven't been on the blog for a while. My life has been so busy. There are some days I don't even get on the computer at all. My semester is winding down though so I should have some more time here soon. We are also going to be moving in two weeks, so I should have more time after that as well. The next two weeks are going to be super busy. The house is coming along, but more slowly than we had hoped. We are focusing on the kitchen and getting it put back together right now so we can move in. We have agreed with the bank who owns the house we are in right now that we will be out by April 20th and that we will leave it broom swept clean. They are actually going to pay us to leave it clean too. We were pretty excited about that. Our new house only has to be liveable in order for us to move. With the kitchen finished, it will be liveable and so we will move in. There will be some more work to be finished, but nothing too great. All the work that we got the loan for has to be finished by August per terms of our contract to get the rehab loan money in the first place. That shouldn't be too hard to do, especially with Charlie off for the summer. There are several projects we want to do in addition to the jobs we have loan money for. Because we are doing most of the inside work ourselves, we've been able to stretch that loan money out to cover other jobs. It's been really nice to get more finished. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow so you can see the progress.

It is spring break this week. Everyone needed it and we are glad to not have the requirement of school. Although we are working hard on the house, so it's not really a vacation, just a break from school. Charlie still hates his job but it doesn't look like there will be many prospects next year to change. Too many school districts are laying off right now to be able to hire new teachers in the fall. Although, Beecher is threatening to lay off their whole teaching staff too, so we'll see if Charlie even has a job there next year without quitting. The kids are still doing well in school. I think they are bored. They are looking forward to moving. Makayla is looking forward to her baptism. I can't believe it's almost here. It looks like she wants to do it on her birthday, which is a Sunday. I haven't set it in stone yet, but we will probably do it then. Our van is on its last leg and so we've been looking for a new one. It looks like we will be moving up to a full size van. The mini vans now-a-days just don't give us enough interior room. We are going to use our tax money, with a little of my student loan money, to get a descent van. I'd like one that's not 10 years old yet or older. My classes are going well. I can't wait to be done for the summer though. I'm planning on going full-time in the fall. So far I've only been going part-time, but with Jaxson in preschool, I should have enough time to go full-time.

That's about it, in a nutshell. I'll try to be better in the future about posting more and with pictures.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I forgot you guys were even going to be moving, I haven't really had to much time to think about anything but school. Full-time college student in the fall, wow and good luck with that. Wish you the best of luck on your finals.

Background