Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hello everyone...

We brought some goats back to our house. We have the goat Lexi had for fair and two other ones. They are all female and we are hoping to use them to breed and have babies for our kids to take to fairs in the future. We'll see how that goes. We only have a lean-to for them for shelter. We're hoping to build them a shed, but I don't know when that will happen. So far they have adjusted pretty well. Even the baby is doing well. She hardly bellered at all like we were expecting her too since she hadn't been weened yet, but she hasn't really.

We had a great time for Thanksgiving. It was such a blast to be able to hang out with family for as long as we were able to. I wish we could do it more often. Now we're back to the old grind and trying to hang in there until Christmas break. We put up our Christmas tree and other decorations on Monday. Ever since then Jaxson has been bothering me about his presents. I don't know if I can stand hearing about it (and hearing all the whining) for 20 more days. Man is he ever persistent.

Today I finished my final paper for my chemistry lab and the exam paper questions for my chemistry lecture. I did my chemistry lecture on Tuesday. I'm so glad things are winding down. Most of the work I have left are for my math and accounting classes. I can't wait to be finished. Next semester I have four classes again, but only two days worth. It will be so nice to not have to be at campus every day of the week. I have two online classes. I think it should be a schedule I can handle (although I thought that of this semester too, and ended up feeling overwhelmed, so we'll see).

Wrestling is in full swing with last night being the first meet and Saturday being the first tournament. I don't know that the pay Charlie gets is really worth all the time he puts into it, but I know it's something he really loves, and that is the only reason I put up with it. I'm going to be so glad to have it over. Although his pay from it this year will help us put braces on Lexi's teeth. Yep, that's right, she's getting braces. They go on in a little over a week. She isn't excited, not that I can blame her, but she will appreciate it in the long run. At least, I do.

That's about it for right now. Hope everyone else is getting back to normal lives since break and gearing up for Christmas. I think we are finished buying presents. I love that feeling.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Goats huh? Are the kids excited about having goats at their house? If I was Lexi I wouldn't be all that excited about braces either, I am so happy I never had to get them. Just hang in there during wrestling season. Good luck finishing up school this semester.

Background