Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update for us

I haven't posted in a little bit so I thought I'd throw some news on since I have a few extra minutes. Charlie had an interview for a JV wrestling coach position at Swartz Creek high today. The varsity coach did the interview and seemed to like Charlie. We think he might get this job. It would be nice. We're still holding our breath for a math position at Hamady high school. He hasn't been able to start subbing yet because the company that handles all the subbing positions for Genesee county is dragging their feet getting all his information together and available for schools to use. We aren't happy about it, but there really isn't much we can do now. He has submitted everything they have asked of him. Now we just wait.

My classes are going pretty well. I've been able to handle the work load pretty well. I don't feel overwhelmed at all (I was nervous I would).

The kids are doing great. They just started after school programs this week. Lexi and Merrit are in a ceramics class together and Makayla and Chelsea have an arts and craft class on Mondays. Lexi does the robotics club on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Merrit has the chess club and Makayla does dance on Thursdays. I have Chelsea on a waiting list for the young authors' club for Thursdays. They love the chance to stay after school and do something fun. I love them staying too, except that I have to go pick them up. Lexi's robotics club is going to be something great for her I think. They are planning on going to competitions later this year. It's going to be a great experience for her.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad to hear that your classes are going well, I sure wish I wasn't so busy with school. Sounds like the kids are having lots of fun in thier different activities. I hope that things will work out for Charlie and that he can start subbing soon and get the coaching job. Love you!!!

kristi said...

How fun. Those sound like some pretty fun after school activities.

Background