Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fireside

I was invited to attend a fireside tonight by my fried Lexee. Elder Oaks' grandson is a member of her singles ward, so Elder and Sister Oaks spoke tonight. Sister Oaks was the main speaker, and let me tell you, she is a very funny lady. She talked about how we need to know and have a testimony of these five things: 1) that we have a Heavenly Father 2) the Atonement 3)Joseph Smith 4) the Book of Mormon 5) a living prophet. Her talk was really good and her stories were dang funny. Of course surviving single life also came up, she didn't get married until she was 52. So there is still hope for me. Elder Oaks only spoke for about 10 minutes but his words were powerful. I also had the opportunity to shake the hands of Elder and Sister Oaks. I am so glad that Lexee invited me to attend to tonight and that I was able to feel of the spirit so strongly. Tonight was a good night!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That sounds so awesome! That is definately an advantage to living in Utah!

Background