Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicago

The day after we got back from The Falls, we packed the car back up and headed to my sister Lisa's house for a few days.  She relocated from the DC area to the Chicago area last year and we hadn't been to see her yet.  A situation came up for us to go there and so we took advantage and went.  The kids were of course thrilled to be able to see their cousins and I was happy to see my sister.  When we arrived at her house she asked me if I was going to leave the kids with her the next day so that Les and I could go into the city.  I told her that I hadn't planned on it because I of course was not expecting her to watch my kids.  She practically insisted (haha) so we totally took her up on her offer.  As many know, we are experiencing some extreme heat over here so, we didn't stay very long.  It was just to hard to walk around with little Wyatt in tow because we didn't want him to get too overheated.  However, we were able to spend a couple of hours downtown and had a great time.

Les and Wyatt with some fabulous downtown behind them!

Wyatt and I on the Water Taxi

On the Metra heading back to Lisa's house.  (Lisa dropped us off at her local train station and we were able to take the train into the city and not have to worry about driving and parking.) 

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm glad you and Les (and Wyatt) were able to go into the city and enjoy yourselves.

Background