Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Music Part 2

Yesterday was my first day of teaching music class and it went well. I teach 3 kindergarten classes and one first, second, and third grade class. So if you can't count that is a total of six classes and they are each 40 minutes long. So in class we had a mini lesson and then we sang Halloween songs and played a Halloween game. The kids loved the Halloween portion of class! While subbing in the same school today I saw one of my first graders and she asked me who was to be in the middle for Pumpkin, Pumpkin (the Halloween game we played) next time, and she also wanted me to sing the song again because she couldn't remember all the words. Well, at least I know the kids are having a good time, now I will have to find ways to keep them interested.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Sounds like fun!

Corley said...

Sounds like you are having fun!!! I would love to join you for sing-a-longs in kindergarten!!! P.S. thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I sure do miss you. Dont you want to come to GA? :) We could totally party. Asher would be party enough...believe me! love you bunches, Hicksey. Lets talk soon. Why don't you call me? (heehee)
p.s. the wreath is REALLY easy. I just got the fabric I wanted, felt colors I wanted, and a wreath. I made stripes of fabric and wrapped them around the wreath tight and then hot glued them down. (sidenote, if you cut a small slit with fabric, it will tear perfectly along the line. My sister-in-law taught me that! it also makes a really cute rough edge) I found some really easy felt flower tutorials online and to be honest, I eye balled the circle flowers. :) If you look up close, you can see all of its imperfections. Then I glued them down and tied a piece of burlap to hang it up. The line going across the middle is bat garland for Halloween. It's just pinned in on the back. Anyway, hope that helps. I can give you more details if you need them. Good luck!

Background