Saturday, October 23, 2010

We Have Been BLESSED!!!

To bring everyone up to date first. Shelby has been a handful since day one. During her 3 1/2 years with me I have been trying to find someone to help us out. Our prayers have been answered. (In the Lords time not ours) At the beginning of October Shelby met with Dr. Yost. She specializes in children with disabilities. At that first meeting she told us that Shelby was allergic to dairy products but she wanted to test her more so nothing would be missed. (She knew this just by looking at her and knowing she had problems when she was a baby with formulas) We instantly took her off dairy products and you would not know our Shelby now. There is not the yelling and screaming that was going on constantly. She now holds onto my hand to walk home, she even talks to her Grandfather. In fact this morning she even asked to curl up next to him as they were setting in the love seat together. WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Should have gotten my camera out but I was just enjoying the sight I was seeing. I was also thanking Heavenly Father in my heart for what I was seeing.

Shelby was tested on Thursday for disabilities and allergies, by Tuesday evening we should have the results of all the testing. Then we will know what we need to do and where we can get her added help if needed.

What a wonderful blessing we have received. I wish all of you could see it. My heart is so full with thankfulness. I wish I could explain how wonderful things have gotten around here. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Dr. Yost has told us that because some of her actions she have came from food allergy and some of them are now habits that will take time to change. I'm so thankful that the Lord has sent us here so we could help us get the help Shelby needed. I will try to post on Wed. to let you know all of the test results.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so very happy that Shelby is doing better and that you have been able to get the needed help for her. Please do post on Wednesday so that we can have all the details.

Hillary said...

That is definitely wonderful news! We are thankful too that she is getting the help she needs finally. It's a great blessing to her that she was born into your family because Heavenly Father knew you wouldn't give up on her.

Background