Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Spring!!!!

First Picnic of the Year!!!!
Today was the first day of spring break for Les and the last day of school for the kids before they begin theirs. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today and so we decided to have a little picnic. It is the first picnic of the year and also our first picnic at our new house. I know we were lame to get McD's, but having the picnic was a last minute decision and we were going to McD's for a specific reason.

Yesterday at school Bradyn lost his lunch money at recess and he was pretty upset about it. Of course, I didn't find out until after school so I couldn't bring him up anything. Apparently they were so kind as to give him some fruit, milk and crackers at no charge (please sense my sarcasm). I really wish the school would just do an IOU program. I understand that there are probably lots of people that would take advantage of it, but there are also a lot of people that would be honest and pay their balance in a timely manner. So, anyway..... I told Bradyn that we would bring him up McD's for lunch today (something that we have never done at this school) so, he was pretty excited. I really hope that today's lunch was way better for him then yesterdays.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That is sad that Bradyn lost his lunch money :( And it was kind of you to bring him a special treat today :) Today is definitely a beautiful day for a picnic!

Hillary said...

What a fun way to spend such a beautiful day. I wish I would've had the same idea.

West Virginia Hicks said...

It looks just wonderful. I know Shelby just loves to eat outside. Maybe that is what we will do for Family Home Evening on Monday along with our Easter egg hunt. Thanks for the idea.

Background