Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who Knew

So I thought that I would be a lower grade teacher, but I'm not so sure anymore. For the second block of student teaching I have been in 5th grade and I am absolutely loving it. I didn't think that I would like it this much because I wasn't all that excited while teaching 4th grade, but it has been the best! Here are just a few of the reasons I am loving 5th grade: 1) the content is fun 2) good conversations/discussions 3) the books that are read are more fun 4) the kids get my jokes. Anyway, I am just really loving my experience in 5th grade. So as of right now I do want to teach 5th grade come the fall. The Provo City Library had a book sale today and I was able to get 13 used books (most of which are hard cover) for only $6 that are perfect for older grades. December 11 is my last day of school so there are only 12 more school days and then I am done! I know that my first year of teaching will be very busy and stressful but I can hardly wait until I have my own classroom!!!!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm glad that you are having fun with the 5th grade level. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. Enjoy your last few days.

West Virginia Hicks said...

MORE BOOKS! Is there going to me room for me. I have not gotten smaller in fact I have spread out alittle more :-) Can't wait to see you!

Background