Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer catch up

We went with Les and Kristi and their family to this hands on museum in Toledo. It was lots of fun. It might be our second most favorite hands on museum.

Here are some pictures from Chelsea's baptism and birthday party. I think I have one of her quilt, but I have to find it. I'll post it when I do.

Here are the pictures of the kids with their goats during the goat show. They all did very well during the show.

These pictures are of Makayla participating in the super showmanship competition. She won the junior goat showmanship class on Monday and the super showmanship competition took place on Friday. It's a competition that she competed against the winners from pigs, steers, dairy, and sheep. In this competition she had to show all five animals. She did really well. She scored a 19 out of 25. She tied for last, but she was also the youngest kid to compete. We were pretty happy with how well she did.


Some other things we did but don't have pictures from are that Lexi went to EFY. She had lots of fun and can't wait to go again. Charlie, Lexi and I went on a pioneer trek for youth conference at the end of June. I posted pictures on facebook, but I will post some on the blog for those of you not on facebook. It's been a fairly busy summer, but lots of fun.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Such a busy summer! Thanks for all the pictures. Makayla looks very grown up in her super showmanship pictures.

West Virginia Hicks said...

Looks like the BIG boys had fun in the water right along with the younger ones.

I want to thank you for the picture too. Maybe we can work something out and see them show next year.

Hillary said...

I know they would love to have their grandma and grandpa here to watch them show. Hope you can be there.

Background