Saturday, March 20, 2010

Annual Pinewood derby race

Today was the ward annual pinewood derby. Our kids actually did pretty well. We were happy for them. I'm sure it was due to the time Charlie spent filing and sanding the axles for their cars. Makayla placed third and Merrit placed fourth in the primary class and Alexis won the open class. They set up the race for double elimination and unfortunately Jaxson didn't win either race he raced in. Chelsea won a couple of heats, but didn't place. All in all it was a fun time for all and something my kids look forward to every year. I'm glad it's a ward activity and not just for the cub scouts. Here they are with their cars.




4 comments:

Hannah said...

I had a real good time at the derby! I was the ward cheerleader for the event, at least that is what it felt like. I was very loud and enthusiastic and I wouldn't be surprised if I came to annoy some of the spectators. Hillary and I were basically the cheering section at the event. Anyway, it was a fun time.

Hillary said...

We were so glad you were there "Cheerleader" Hannah.

Jocelyn said...

we are happy for all the kids. It sounds like everyone had alot of fun.

West Virginia Hicks said...

Don't worry Hannah cheer all you want. You take after your mother. I'm glad that you enjoyed youself and I'm sure the kids enjoyed you cheering for them.
Tell all the kids big and little good job.

Background