Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rapper Hicks

Rounding Rap
Find the place value and circle the digit.
Move to the right and underline, get it!
0-4 circle stays the same
5-9 add one to the game.
Now, flex your muscles like a hero.
Underlined numbers change to zero.
All other digits remain the same.
Yo! You're a winner in the ROUNDING game!

A couple weeks ago I taught a lesson on rounding and my teacher gave me a rounding rap to perform for the kids. So I decided to dress up for the rap and the students absolutely loved it! I also enjoyed myself. The rap is great because it has everything in it that you need to know for rounding, and I mean everything. It was so nice to hear the students referring back to the rap later on in the week when they had to do rounding problems.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Only a girl from Detroit would think ro dress the part of a rapper. You look great and I'm glad you are having fun too.

Jocelyn said...

u look cute

Hannah said...

I tried to find more rapper like jewelry, but I had no luck. So I had to but little girl fake rings and mardi gars type necklaces. But it all worked out.

West Virginia Hicks said...

Keep finding those things that you can teach to music. Kids love music and they will remember them for a long time.

kristi said...

Nice!!!!!!!

Background